Contact me using this form. It goes directly to my personal inbox.
Read the full version of who I am and how I came to be a sport psychology trainer here.
A competitive swimmer who was injured by my coach in college.
I spent the next 8 years on a journey of personal discovery spanning the globe, trying to become a better coach, one who cares about an athlete’s wellness.
Became a swim coach, then a sport psychology trainer.
I’ve had wonderful opportunities to:
- Coach special- and para-olympians
- Train national-ranked swimmers and professional coaches
- Study under the preeminent sport psychologists in the world
- Train eSport athletes in mental skills
Read my story here.
A chamion’s mindset doesn’t form the day they win.
It starts when they wake up, 10 years before that match.
Fun facts about Weldon
- I have hiked the Inca Trail
- I have lived in the driest desert on Earth
- I rode the trans-siberian railroad end to end
- I delivered our second child myself after a hospital mixup
- I was a competitive swimmer for 19 years. Once I dove in and my suit came off. I won the race, then went back and got my suit.
- Despite being American, I’ve lived in more Axis countries than Allied countries in my life. Also I have a Japanese yukata and a German lederhosen.
- I can kill a dear with a bow and arrow (you’ll want me around when the zombies take over)
As a gamer… my personal history
- Mario Brothers
- Link: The legend of Zelda
- Duke Nukem
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert
- Starcraft: Brood War
- Counter-strike: Source
- Diablo 2
- Warcraft 3
- DOTA Allstars
- World of Warcraft
- Starcraft 2 (US Auorora)
- Spiral Knights
- League of Legends (EU-NE Auorora)
- Diablo 3
Ask me a question on my eSport psychology Q & A
I run a Q&A forum on this website. Membership is free! Stop by and ask a question
I am an American living in Finland
Teacher and professional swim coach; sport psychology trainer and blog author.
Lived and worked all over the world in Chile, Japan, Boston, China, and Finland. With travels as well in Germany, Sweden, Russian, Peru, Korea, the UK, and Denmark.
As a professional swim coach since I strive to develop personal mental strength and a mindset of motivation. As a mental skills trainer I seek for a clarity of purpose, and value-driven behavior as opposed to avoidance typically seen in those who fail to reach their goals.
I do constant research to develop myself and the field. Currently I am supervising a Master’s thesis in sport psychology within eSport.
If you are interested in my expertise please contact me.
Attn: Weldon Green
Mind Games Consulting
Helokantie 5h B24
Business ID: 2645952-2
Finnish Business Information System